Aseptic Glass Alternative
If you are looking for an alternative to glass containers or syringes - cyclic olefin polymer powered by West Pharmaceutical's Daikyo Crystal Zenith® has many benefits that improve permeability & performance.
Don't Let The Glass Shortage
Affect Your Clinical Trial
The American Pharmaceutical Industry is facing a new challenge: Worldwide Glass Shortage.
At Pii, we focus on being proactive for our customer's immediate needs, especially for their high-value drug substances. Our supply chain management team foresee the market need and immediately prepare for the best outcomes providing solutions, particularly during the recent pandemic. So when there is a glass shortage of primary parenteral packaging components, we fill in the gaps with strong alternatives that have advantages.
Instead of delaying or canceling your clinical trial, Pii is proud to offer a new product by West Pharmaceutical & Daikyo - an alternative to glass: Daikyo Crystal Zenith®. West's Daikyo Crystal Zenith® is a cyclic olefin polymer based container-closure system.
Why Choose Cyclic Olefin Polymer Over Glass?
Additional Benefits to Cyclic Olefin Polymer
- Outstanding barrier properties outperforming many plastics
- Better oxygen permeability properties than many of its peer polymers such as polypropylene, polystyrene, and polycarbonate
- Protects the next most deleterious material to many drug products: water vapor, a plus for any non-aqueous and dry drug products
- Good candidate for moisture-sensitive products. This property is inherent to Crystal Zenith, thanks to its nonpolar material properties.
- Unlike glass, Crystal Zenith is free of inorganic extractable (Data indicates CZ has low organic extractables, especially compared to other plastic packaging materials.)
- Crystal Zenith is equivalent to glass and superior to polypropylene regarding sorption of these model preservatives, keeping the excipient material of the drug product
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® Availability
Pii has the following cyclic olefin polymer (Powered by West Pharmaceutical's Daikyo Crystal Zenith®) container-closure components in stock and ready for your next sterile program.
Pii has the following cyclic olefin polymer container-closure components qualified and ready for your next sterile program:
- 0.5 mL syringes
- 1.0 mL syringes
- 10 mL cartridges
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® Pharmaceutical Benefits
Kurt Nielsen, Pii CEO
“This new capability supports our strategic objectives of providing flexible solutions for our clients as we help them overcome the most significant development and production challenges in advancing complex parenteral formulations.”
Integrating Daikyo Crystal Zenith®
Devan Patel, Senior Director Business Development
“Integrating Daikyo Crystal Zenith® polymer containers and delivery devices with the agile capabilities of the AST GeniSYS R® offers a vertically integrated set of solutions that are key to Pii’s ability to streamline our pharmaceutical development services and deliver quality results faster"
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® is a registered trademark of Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
Daikyo Crystal Zenith® and Flurotec technology is licensed from Daikyo Seiko, Ltd.
For more information on West Pharmaceuticals Daikyo Crystal Zenith® visit: https://www.westpharma.com/products/prefillable-systems/daikyo-syringe-systems