Self-Injection Made Easy
3mL cartridges are proven containers to deliver your larger-volume biologics injections. Pii’s Pen-Device kit improves patient compliance by supporting a range of therapies that require frequent injections and variable dosing.
Ready-to-Use 3mL Cartridge-Based Pen Device Is Ideal for High Volume, High Viscosity, Complex Injectables
The combination of an aging population and more people suffering from chronic diseases is making it difficult for healthcare professionals to effectively treat patients over the long-term, subsequently impacting patient compliance. This has led to increased demand for patient-friendly administration systems, such as single-and dual-chamber cartridges in combination with a pen device. In fact, industry gurus estimate the global autoinjectors market, which includes cartridge-based systems, to be valued at more than $6.2 billion by 2027.1
Surpasses Injection Volume Limitations
Glass Cartridges Protect Your Drug
Higher injection volumes and viscosities present a unique challenge to companies as they assess primary packaging component technologies. Primary packaging is of critical importance in biologics as this is the main point of contact between the drug and the device. Additionally, glass is easy to sterilize with heat and can protect medicines from ultraviolet rays. Finally, glass is easily recycled. These are all reasons why the global glass packaging market could reach $7.5 billion by 2028.3
3mL Cartridge Tub & Nested Carrier
An RTU cartridge-handling system offers tight tolerances, precise dimensions, and premium surface quality. Cartridges are delivered pre-sterilized. This standard tub and nest configuration ensures drug stability and optimal performance with all cartridge-based devices, offers maximum compatibility with filling line, and allows for quick and easy changeover.
Talk to a Pii Scientist
3mL Cartridge Pen Kit Assembly
The Pen Device’s ease of use, optimized design, and injection reliability is ideally suited to the shift to self-injection. Designed for use with a range of therapies that require frequent injections and/or variable dosing, the 3mL cartridge-based Pen Device accommodates a range of patient profiles for disease management.
The RTU 3mL cartridge-based Pen Device kit includes:
- A 3mL cartridge
- Easy needle attachment and removal
- Robust proven design based on patient usability and human factor considerations
- Variable and multi-dose use, simple dose dialing with audible clicks, and large and clear dose markings
- Variety of pre-developed button options and therapeutic dose ranges
3mL Cartridge Robotic Aseptic Fill-Finish Production
The state-of-the-art Genisys® R supports small batch sizes to aseptically and accurately fill 3mL glass cartridges. The innovative Genisys® R enables Pii to continue delivering sterile clinical and commercial supplies with very aggressive timelines.
- Sterile Injectables Device and Packaging Trends, by James Grote, Pharma’s Almanac, Nice Insight, March 14, 2022.
- Subcutaneous Delivery of High-Dose/Volume Biologics: Current Status and Prospect for Future Advancements, Advait V. Badkar, et. al., Jan. 13, 2021.
- Global $7.46 Bn Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging (Vials, Bottles, Cartridges & Syringes, Ampoules) Markets to 2028, ResearchandMarkets.com, Sept. 24, 2021.